Thursday, November 29, 2007

Undo, to-do...

A week has passed and I feel like I have recovered from Thanksgiving. The rest of my events went smoothly. Hooray! Some of the Christmas decorations have even made it up and the storage rooms in the basement are cleaned out and organized. Why? Because I was freaking out about it. Dumb, but true. I gave birth to our son right after Christmas last year, so other members of my family packed up all the decorations last January. Then, we had our basement finished this spring and the builders jammed everything into odd places to make room for...new rooms. Plus, they sprinkled everything with a good measure of drywall dust and sawdust. It has been eating at me all year, but other projects were more of a priority. So full steaam ahead for the holiday fun and knitting now that I've finished that item on the to-do list.

I rounded up a bunch more pictures of finished objects to add to my flickr sets. In the process, I came to the conclusion that I needed to frog a few things. Item one: handspun pink yarn made into a baby hat. I realized that I would rather remake this into something for myself than give it away. I bought the fiber while pregnant with my first son. Ummm, no girls to give it to so I'm going to repurpose it. Same with the cute purple handspun made from the same trip (SOAR).
Second item: pink earflap hat made from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran purchased on a trip to visit my brother before second son was born. Again, will make it into something cute for myself.
I was dumb and made a cute sweater while pregnant with my third son, again in a girly color. I'm going to give that to our kindergarten teacher's baby girl.

Third project destined for rebirth: a vest knit out of Polar rainbow yarn. Cute yarn, cute on a 20-something year old new knitter, not so cute on me now.
I also started my Jaywalker socks using Socks that Rock medium wt. Pictures next time.

No comments: