Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Stress Knitting to you

It is/has been a long week of prepping for visiting family and preparing meals. So, instead of contemplating all that I have to be thankful for, I have been knitting up a storm to take the edge off the stress load in between events and responsibilities. After hosting a brunch yesterday, I zipped off to the yarn store before nap time to pick up some 1.5 sock needles and yarn for a hat. The needles are to make socks with this:
Socks that Rock medium wt in Valkyrie. I think they will be Jaywalkers. After gauging issues are explored, I will commit more. (Like the pretty snow?)

The yarn was this:

And by bed time, I had this:
It is Yarn Harlot's Unoriginal Hat. It is drying now. I doubled Malabrigo (worsted weight) on size 10.5 needles. My gauge was a bit tighter than I would have liked (on account of the stress), but I think it will fit fine. If not, I'll rip it and add a few purls into the pattern like others have done on Ravelry. I chose Violetas color, even though I have two other purple hats. I looked for other colors (I swear), but this one will look the best on me. I even have a bit of yarn (0.8 oz) left to use for some fun scrap project. Nice yarn.

The upside of all the visitors is that some of them are knitters. I got to do a little sock doctoring yesterday, and hope to do a bit of knitting in public during my visiting.

I also finished up my "Weirdest Socks Ever" made of the Essentials Meadow Multi. They are sort of ugly/fun, but feel great. I'll wear them anyway. I'll have to give some of the solids a try.
My big boys played outside in the snow this morning and the Packers are on TV. I have yarn, food, a home, and people who I love to share those things with. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Now pass me that ball winder and swift.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I really love your hat. The shade of purple is gorgeous!

Emily said...

I agree that the hat is just lovely!