Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fox Hollow Finish!

I finished my Fox Hollow quilt this week. I cut six simple blocks (6x11") from each of 13 FQs. I decided to leave out the cute cheater FQ and use it for something else. The backing is a simple green dot and the binding is Kona Cotton in pink. The quilt is 63x72". Amazingly, I was able to quilt this on my Singer Featherweight 221. I sewed down either side of the seams about 1/4". I hope that this is enough; I'm a bit of worried that I needed to do a line down the center of each block. I'll have an expert quilter (aka, my mom) look at it and see what she thinks. I think it turned out great.

Now that the weather is getting chilly, the finished "Living Room" quilt is getting nightly use during reading time. I have fabric to make another and am still waiting on the Mastermind quilt (still at the quilter's).

Here's the fabric for the next quilt. It is Rocket Scientist and fits so well with our family. I'm thinking of adding in some solids (red, blue, green). I still need to figure out what to do with it. I was thinking of pluses or something other than blocks, but can't decide. The text is really cute, and the numbers are a countdown.

I have been reading my new book: Sunday Morning Quilts. I don't have many scraps yet, but the book is great.

On the knitting front, I have finished two sweaters: Plucky Primo and Aran Cashmere. So happy to be knitting more productively again. I still need to finish up 3.5 skeins of Sundara before the end of the year for a KAL.

No comments: