Thursday, September 6, 2012

More Fabric, more quilting, and sock knitting

I've been working on hand quilting my "Living room" quilt for the past two weeks. I decided to do diagonal lines on the blue and green blocks and squares in the browns/tans/striped blocks. That took me about a week. I was stumped about the border and then settle on two simple straight rows of hand quilting. The border will be 6" and I did the lines at 2 & 4" from the edge. I like how it looks and was simple to do. Next up: trim the extra backing fabric and batting, sew on the binding, and then decide on whether to sew it down by hand or machine.

I've done a bit of fabric purchasing, for future quilts.
Mastermind Fat Quarters (Connecting Threads) for a quilt and 3 pillowcases
Mastermind Fabric 16 FQs

Bookish Charm Pack (Connecting Threads) for a hexagon project
Bookish colors

Fox Hollow Organic Fat Quarters (Monaluna from Pink Castle Fabrics) for ??? I love the fabric and it was on sale. Every once in a while I need something cute in my life.
Fox Hollow 14 FQs

and a swatch with 4 quilt labels and a custom FQ from Spoonflower:
Spoonflower FQ-words we like
I love this so much because I made it with my kids. They gave me a list of things they like and I made a text fabric with it. I wish I would have set the block differently, but ended up with 3 full blocks and one that was split (top and bottom halves). I think I'll make each of them something using a block of the fabric

I have been making socks lately, but little progress on the sweater front. Still pretty warm here and not great weather for inspiring sweater making. It will be cold soon, and hope the mood will return then.

No comments: